Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Paper Saver


When I was in college, I worked for a very frugal financial planner. He required us to reuse envelopes by covering old address information with white labels and writing over the top of them (and writing recycled envelope on the front so the post office wouldn't return it). We used paper on both sides, including using papers we received from other companies or clients that we didn't need. We placed a big X over the side we didn't need and printed on the other side. Finally, we used file folders over and over again--placing white labels over the old info or turning the folder inside out to use the clean inside as the outside.

Mind you, this was all before the big push for recycling.

At the time, I thought my boss was just cheap, but now I think he may been a man before his time. Now I do all of these things to be environmentally friendly, but it saves money too.

0 comments: